|Streaks can be made by asking a friend beforehand or by simply submitting a streak in the first place.|
|Sharing media from memories does not affect the streak in any way on Snapchat|
|Users can add bitmoji stickers and filters to make their snaps better and more intriguing.|
In the age of social media and technology, being social and keeping track of your peers is the new normal. Snapchat, a platform made popular by the filters it offered, has been making waves and part of the reason behind it is the concept of stripes.
Chances are high that one of your friends or coworkers has asked you this question: “What are stripes for Snapchat?” For the generation for whom Snap is still a foreign concept, Streaks isn’t essentially a feature, but rather a fun activity that allows users to experience Snapchat to its fullest.
Include sending a random photo or video every day, and over time, if the other person responds back to you, the streak will continue to grow. In simpler terms, if you send snaps to a friend for ten days in a row and the friend snaps too, your streak will show a count of 10 every time you open the conversations tab on Snapchat.
Benefits of using Snapchat professionally
Before we get to the fun part, let us know why it is beneficial for you to start using Snapchat in case you have a business to run or an online proposal in mind.
Key to drive engagement
Integrated campaigns have been around for a long time, even before Snapchat was around. With the use of Geo Filters, users can create custom filters and hashtags to promote their services or business with ease.
Help in driving traffic
Snapshots attract this kind of attention as they don’t last very long. If you play your cards right, the audience will pay attention to what you have to offer, and ultimately, it will lead to a significant increase in traffic.
The Discover section has made it possible for smaller brands and businesses to promote themselves in a better way. This comes across as one of the most brilliant forms of marketing on Snapchat.
Nowadays, various brands have started promoting their business on Snapchat now that it has become a proven method. The use of Snapchat can have a significant impact on the audience for the better
Efficient to consume content
Instant stories and polls have made it easy for users to feel engaged, and adding music to stories makes them the perfect source of entertainment and information.
Now that we know the various benefits, let’s head back to the spotlight, Stains.
How to get started with Streaks on Snapchat?
Streaks are created after three consecutive days when both users have traded snaps for three consecutive days. There is no hard and fast rule when it comes to starting a Snap streak. ‘How to start a streak on Snapchat’ is still one of the simplest yet most difficult questions on the internet.
However, there are some methods that one can resort to in case you are completely new to the concept of Snap and don’t know the meaning of dashes on Snapchat.
First of all, you can simply ask the user via chat or a photo if they are interested in striping. This usually works if you’re both familiar with how Snap works.
You can also send a plugin directly and wait for a response, similar to shooting an arrow in the dark. If they back off, the mission is successful, if not, better luck next time.
|Note: One doesn’t necessarily need to keep track of time, as Snapchat will simply place an hourglass emoji right next to the snap streak in case you run out of time to send a snap.|
Sending the same blank photos or videos can be a bit tiring for both users. The following segment will tell users how to do stripes on Snapchat in style.
Basic Ideas for Stripes on Snapchat
Creating Snap stripes shouldn’t seem like a boring job. There needs to be an element of excitement for users, which is why we bring you a couple of Snapchat streak ideas, so you and others can get the most out of every snap.
By using Bitmoji stickers to send instant streaks
Stickers can be a lot of fun to get started with instant stripes.
- Click on a user’s name in the conversations tab and find the stickers tab to choose one from the same section that shows you and your friend, if your friend also created a Bitmoji.
- Once you’ve selected the sticker of your choice, apply it to the plugin and send it to get the job done.
Using filters for instant streaks
- Just double tap a friend’s username from the conversations tab to take a photo or video.
- After that, try swiping left or right to select the filters that are available for you to use. In case there is a particular filter that is in use with that friend, you will find the same one along with their instant streak appearing in white numbers with the flaming emoji.
People often confuse snapshots with sending media, which is not true as both are completely different. Let’s dive into some of the basic interactions that have no connection to instant stripes.
Basic interactions on Snapchat that don’t count as streaks
Snapchat’s platform makes it easy for users to interact with friends and other users in various ways, but one should know that such interactions do not contribute to snap streaks, should you have done any. These interactions include;
Post to your story
One of the highlights of Snapchat is that people can post to their stories and their friends and other random users can see it. This has nothing to do with your continuous streaks and will not affect them in any way.
Snap Media sent in a group
It’s pretty obvious that creating instant streaks is an individual thing and sending videos or photos in the group won’t maintain the streak in case you’re doing a streak with one of the group members. Sending snapshots on an individual level is the only way one can keep the number moving.
To chat with someone, one needs to either click on the username or hard press on it to start chatting, which is nice, but keep in mind that this will in no way alter the streak on Snapchat.
Using Snapchat Spectacles to share content
If you’re feeling good, wearing the Snapchat glasses might not be such a bad idea after all. This can give you the feeling of being a super-fast chatterbox, but again, it’s not helpful and won’t count as a streak add-on.
Using memories to send snapshots
Previously taken photos and videos that have been saved to memory or loaded into memory from your device are not good for your instant streaks. Sending them during the 24 hour duration of the instant streak won’t do any good, as there’s a very good chance that the media was taken and saved from a rather different timeline.
So how can you do an instant count? These are the only two ways one can do this.
How to make a streak count?
If you’re convinced to follow this trend of continuing streaks with friends and other users on Snap, here are two ways that might come in handy;
- Sending photo snapshots to an individual user or a friend
- When sending video snapshots to an individual user or a friend
There you go. This answers the infamous question of “how to send streaks on Snapchat?” and as long as you end up submitting a plugin before the time limit runs out, you’ll do just fine.
Tricks for the best Snapchat experience
- In case you are looking to take a screenshot in the chat without notifying the other user about the same, turn on airplane mode for your device and log out of the app after you have done this. Turn off airplane mode and sign back into your Snapchat account.
- Use the QR code built into Snapchat instead of typing in the full username, as it’s much easier that way.
- Users can access geofilters every time they click on an image to make it look better.
- In case you have a rough idea about Photoshop, creating your own geo filters is child’s play.
- Try using multiple filters by holding it down with one finger and then using the other finger to swipe and select another filter.
- There is a way around the ten second video limit for Snapchat. Double-tap the device as soon as you start filming and once you’ve recorded, tap the ghost icon on Snapchat to return to the app. Please note that this is for iPhone users only.
- Just tap the pen icon in the top right corner of your screen to choose a color from the rainbow icon. The white color can be accessed by pressing the pen icon and then dragging your finger to the top left corner without lifting your finger completely off the screen.
- For the color black, do the same, but drag your finger to the bottom left corner instead of the top corner.
- Adjust the font size of your subtitles by clicking the “T” available in the top right corner of your screen after you’ve clicked or recorded a plugin.
- Add as many emojis as you like, as the last update removed the restrictions on adding a select number of emojis per plugin. Changing the size of the emoji is quite simple and easy to do. Just stretch the emoji and you’re done.
Here are some of the tips that can be helpful for both newbies and veterans on Snapchat.
This wraps up our “how to Streak on Snapchat” edit. We hope the blog has helped you better understand how instant streaks work, so you can get the most out of your time on this social media platform.
Categories: How to