- The latest update to Apple’s operating system brings several fixes and security improvements.
- New features in the Podcasts app, Apple Books, and emojis are available to users.
Apple has released the latest version of its operating system, iOS 16.4, which brings a host of new features, improvements, and security updates.
One of the most exciting new iOS 16.4 is the Voice Isolation feature, which helps reduce background noise during phone calls. There are also improvements to the Podcast app, the Apple Books app, and new emojis.
Additionally, the update resolves various security issues, ensuring that your iPhone remains safe and secure from potential threats.
In short, iOS 16.4 brings many exciting new features and improvements and addresses essential security issues. Upgrade your device today to reap all the benefits of this latest update to Apple’s operating system.
New features and improvements in iOS 16.4
- Voice isolation on phone calls to reduce background noise
- Improvements in the Podcast application, allowing you to search by seasons and filter episodes
- New page flip animation in the Apple Books app
- 21 new emojis available
- Web app notifications added to home screen
- Duplicate album in Photos detects duplicates in iCloud Shared Libraries
- VoiceOver support for maps in the Weather app
- Accessibility settings to automatically fade videos when light flashes or strobe effects are detected
- Fixed issue with Ask to Buy requests for children not showing up on the primary device.
- Matter-enabled thermostats no longer respond when paired with Apple Home.
- Crash Detection optimizations for iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models.
Security updates in iOS 16.4
- Over 30 security updates, including fixes for high-risk flaws
How to update to iOS 16.4
If you activate the automatic updates option, you will not have to do anything; the system will be updated when it detects the new version. But if you want to manually update to the new iOS version, go to Settings > General > Software Update > Download & Install.
Subscribe to our latest newsletter
To read our exclusive content, sign up now. $5/month, $50/year