On This Day in History: May 21 is the 141st day of the year (142 in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 224 days left until the end of the year.
There are several notable events that occurred on May 21 throughout history, and that is why it is an important day in Indian and world history.
If you are wondering what happened today in History? Then you are in the right place. On this day, there are several notable events that have occurred throughout Indian and world history.
In this article, we have compiled a list of the important things that happened around the world on May 21. Check it out:
- Today In History: What Happened On This Day In Indian History Events
- National Anti-Terrorism Day – May 21
- 1991: Rajiv Gandhi, former Indian Prime Minister, is assassinated
- 1994 – India’s first Miss Universe
- What happened in world history on May 21
- 1904 – FIFA, the world governing body for association football, is founded.
- 1927 – First non-stop solo transatlantic flight
- 1932 – Amelia Earhart became the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean
- 2013 – Launch of Xbox One
- Today’s highlights in history:
- Also on this day:
- Birthdays of famous people on May 21
- Anniversary of the death of famous people on May 21
- List of important days in May 2023
- List of important days by month 2023
Today In History: What Happened On This Day In Indian History Events
National Anti-Terrorism Day – May 21
National Anti-Terrorism Day is celebrated on May 21 every year in India to commemorate the death anniversary of former Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, who was assassinated in a terrorist attack on May 21, 1991.
1991: Rajiv Gandhi, former Indian Prime Minister, is assassinated
Apart from suicide bomber Kalaivani Rajaratnam, several people were killed in the explosion on May 21, 1991: Rajiv Gandhi, former Prime Minister of India. Dharman, police officer. Santhani Begum, Mahila Congress Leader.
1994 – India’s first Miss Universe
For those who need a memory refresher, Sushmita Sen made history by bringing home the Miss Universe crown to India for the first time on May 21, 1994. On May 21, 1994, when Sushmita Sen won the Miss Universe, Aishwarya Rai was crowned. Indian lady.
Two years after Sushmita Sen won Miss Universe, she entered Bollywood with the 1996 film Dastak. She is best known for films like Biwi No.1, Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge, Aankhen, and Main Hoon Na, among others.
What happened in world history on May 21
1904 – FIFA, the world governing body for association football, is founded.
The Fédération Internationale de Football Association is responsible for organizing the World Cup, which is one of the most watched sporting events in the world.
1927 – First non-stop solo transatlantic flight
In 1927, Charles A. Lindbergh landed his Spirit of St. Louis monoplane near Paris, completing the first solo airplane flight across the Atlantic Ocean in 33 1/2 hours.
1932 – Amelia Earhart became the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean
On May 21, 1932, Amelia Earhart became the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean when she landed in Northern Ireland, some 15 hours after leaving Newfoundland.
2013 – Launch of Xbox One
The Xbox One is the third video game console made by Microsoft, after the Xbox 360. It was announced on May 21, 2013. It was first released on November 22, 2013, before Sony’s PlayStation 4. Microsoft marketed the Xbox One as an “all-in-one entertainment system”, hence its name.
Today’s highlights in history:
– In 1471, King Henry VI of England died in the Tower of London at the age of 49.
– In 1542, Spanish explorer Hernando de Soto died while panning for gold along the Mississippi River.
– In 1881, Clara Barton founded the American Red Cross.
– In 1924, in a high-profile case, 14-year-old Bobby Franks was murdered in an “exciting murder” carried out by University of Chicago students Nathan Leopold Jr. and Richard Loeb (Bobby’s cousin). .
– In 1927, Charles A. Lindbergh landed his Spirit of St. Louis monoplane near Paris, completing the first solo airplane flight across the Atlantic Ocean in 33 1/2 hours.
– In 1941, a German submarine sank the American merchant steamer SS Robin Moor in the South Atlantic after the ship’s passengers and crew were allowed to board the lifeboats.
– In 1955, Chuck Berry recorded his first single, “Maybellene,” for Chess Records in Chicago.
Also on this day:
In addition to these historic events on May 21, there are also the birthdays and deaths of several notable people that you should know about.
Birthdays of famous people on May 21
1971 – Aditya Chopra, an Indian film director and producer, is born.
Aditya Chopra is one of the eminent directors who have contributed to Bollywood. Like his father, the late director Yash Chopra, Aditya is also one of the pioneers who have revolutionized Indian cinema.
Born on May 21, 1971, Aditya is the eldest son of Yash Raj and Pamela Chopra.
1962 – Mukesh Tiwari, Indian actor, is born.
Mukesh Tiwari is an Indian actor who has worked predominantly in Bollywood films and some Tamil, Punjabi, Kannada and Telugu films. He is known for playing negative and comedic supporting roles.
Mukesh Tiwari was born on August 24, 1969 in Sagar, Madhya Pradesh, India. He is an actor, known for China Gate (1998), Gangaajal (2003) and Dilwale (2015).
1960 – Mohanlal, an Indian actor, is born.
The highest paid multi-talented actor in the Malayalam film industry, Mohanlal is listed among the best actors not only in India but also in the world. His achievements and accolades are unmatched. The beloved Lalettan has the largest number of followers in Kerala. Mohanlal Viswanathan was born in the village of Elanthoor in the Pathanamthitta district of Kerala on May 21, 1960.
Anniversary of the death of famous people on May 21
1991 – Anniversary of the death of Rajiv Gandhi.
List of important days in May 2023
|May 2023 Important Dates||Important days in May|
|may 1||International work day|
|may 1||maharastra day|
|may 1||gujarati day|
|may 1||world laughter day|
|May 3||Press Freedom Day|
|May 3||World Asthma Day|
|May 4th||coal miners day|
|May 4th||International Firefighter’s Day|
|May 6th||International No Diet Day|
|May 7th||world athletics day|
|May 8||World Red Cross Day|
|May 8||World Thalassemia Day|
|May 9||Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti|
|May 11||National Technology Day|
|May 12||international nursing day|
|may 14||Mother’s Day|
|15 th of May||International Day of Families|
|may 17th||world telecommunication day|
|may 17th||world hypertension day|
|May 18||World AIDS Vaccine Day|
|May 18||International Museum Day|
|May 20th||National Endangered Species Day|
|May 21th||National Day Against Terrorism|
|May 22nd||International Day for Biological Diversity|
|may 31||anti smoking day|
List of important days by month 2023
This was all about the interesting and intriguing events that happened on May 8! For more informative content follow TIT Education.