The body of an Israeli soldier who had been forced to appear in a Hamas propaganda video, before the images cut to his corpse. It was found near al-Shifa hospital in Gaza, Israel said Friday.
Corporal Noa Marciano, 19, was “kidnapped and murdered” by Hamas and her body was recovered by the 603rd Battalion of Israel’s 7th Armored Brigade, which operated “next door” to the hospital, according to the Times of Israel.
“The IDF sends its deepest condolences to the family and will continue to support them,” the Israel Defense Forces wrote in X.
Marciano appeared in a Hamas video on Monday in which she said she was detained in Gaza and pleaded with the Israeli army to stop bombing the area.
The video then cut to show his lifeless body. Israel confirmed his death on Tuesday.
Israeli corporal. Noa Marciano, 19, was kidnapped on October 7 and murdered by Hamas. Marciano’s mother tearfully honored her daughter at her funeral. REUTERS The heartbroken mother said the family “exhausted all means” to try to bring Marciano home. ABIR SULTAN/EPA-EFE/Shutterstock
In other developments on Friday:
- -Defiant Israeli officials said they will agree to a “very limited and brief” ceasefire if Hamas releases a “massive” number of hostages.
- The Israel Defense Forces “confiscated multiple weapons found in [a] school” and “eliminated” Hamas terrorists hiding there, Israeli authorities said.
- Israel launched Arrow 3 missiles to intercept a rocket fired towards the Red Sea region, the first space combat in wartime.
- The families of the hostages continued their march from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem to demand that the government increase its efforts to bring their relatives home.
- The IDF called Osama bin Laden a “genocidal terrorist” after pro-Palestinian supporters took to TikTok this week to claim he attacked the United States on 9/11 over Israel.
- Bernie Sanders calls on Israel to “stop the bombing now” or Congress won’t pass a supplemental spending bill.
“Our dear Noni, in a normal, sane world, we should not be here now,” Marciano’s mother said at her daughter’s funeral on Friday, as the teenager’s body was carried through the streets of Israel.Getty Images
Israeli officials condemned Hamas for its continued use of “psychological terror,” including through the release of videos and photographs of hostages.
Marciano’s mother tearfully honored her daughter at her funeral on Friday.
“Our dear Noni, in a normal, healthy world, we should not be here now, but we are not in a normal world,” the teen’s devastated mother said in a video posted on the American Israel Public Affairs Committee’s Facebook. “At 19 years old, you were taken away prematurely. The mind struggles to let go and the heart refuses to accept.”
Marciano appeared in a Hamas video on Monday, where she said she was detained in Gaza and pleaded with the Israeli army to stop bombing the area. The video then cut to show her lifeless body.
The heartbroken mother said the family “exhausted all means” to try to bring Marciano home.
He also apologized to his daughter for “failing” her because she couldn’t get home safely.
Marciano was part of the 414th Combat Intelligence Collection Corps unit and was serving at the Nahal Oz IDF base when it was captured during the heinous raid by the Palestinian terrorist group Hamas on October 7, according to the Times of Israel.
His body was found as the IDF continued to search Hamas infrastructure in the hospital complex.
Marciano was the second body of a hostage found. The body of Judith Weiss, who was also transferred on October 7, was discovered on Wednesday near al-Shifa hospital.