Listen to the Podcast:
People have found on the internet a place full of possibilities. From being informed to socializing and meeting people are part of the things that can be carried out within the network, social networks being a place that masterfully combines both aspects. Learn how to delete a Pinterest account in 2023.
It is halfway between a social network and a microblogging platform, which gives it versatility and a relatively high number of functions. Even so, users can decide to unsubscribe. They don’t like it because they have gotten bored of what it offers or it doesn’t fit with their philosophy, even having several accounts and wanting to focus on just one to enhance it.
Delete your Pinterest account from the Pinterest website
- Open the Pinterest page and sign in with the account you want to close.
- Open the tab at the top right and select ‘Settings’.
- Under ‘Settings’, tap ‘Account Settings’.
- Scroll down to ‘Delete Account’. Click the button and follow the instructions from Pinterest.
- The social network will send you an email where you have to follow the instructions to close your account.
How To Delete Pinterest Account From Android App
- Go to the Pinterest mobile app and verify that you’re with the account you want to delete.
- Go to ‘Settings’ or ‘Settings’ by tapping on your profile photo, where you will see a cog icon.
- Click “Account Settings” and scroll down to “Close Account.”
- Click this option and choose the email associated with the Pinterest account you want to delete to close it permanently.
Remove your Pinterest account from the iOS app
- Open the Pinterest app on iOS.
- Go to Account Settings by tapping on the profile picture and the gear icon.
- Click Remove Account, where Pinterest will ask you why to close the profile, and tap Next and Send an Email.
- Pinterest will send you a message with the instructions you need to delete your account.
- Follow the steps on the platform, and you’re done!
What happens if you delete your Pinterest account?
Deleting your account from any social network is essential, and it would be no less so on Pinterest.
Read: How to delete your Instagram account
Here we tell you what happens if you take this step in addition to not having access to your account.
- You lose all the content that you had uploaded or saved, and you will not be able to recover it. Meaning, you’ll have to say goodbye to the pins and boards you have.
- If you have a business account and have created ad campaigns, contact the Pinterest team for help with closing down.
- In addition, until you have the advertising invoices up to date, you will not be able to continue with the closure of the profile.
- When you delete your Pinterest account, the social network immediately deactivates your profile, but your account remains active for 14 days. You can retrieve it by logging in with your username and password.
Deactivate Pinterest Account: The Process
Would you rather take a break from Pinterest than permanently delete it? You have this option on the social network.
Read: How to remove yourself from people search
It’s simple, you have to follow the steps as if you were going to delete it, but you have to click on the ‘Deactivate account’ option.
Now, this also has its consequences on your Pinterest account:
- Boards, pins, and content you’ve shared on your profile will no longer be visible to other users.
- This account deactivation option is available on personal and business accounts.
- If you deactivate your account, the username will not be available to other users, including you if you open another account.
- To reactivate your Pinterest account and return to your usual activity, you have to log in with your credentials and that’s it.
Subscribe to our latest newsletter
To read our exclusive content, sign up now. $5/month, $50/year