Listen to the Podcast:
WhatsApp users have the ability to make calls to any of their contacts. However, the app does not have a feature that allows them to record these calls.
Therefore, in this post we explain how to record WhatsApp calls using third-party applications and other services that will be very useful for you. Here are some easy methods you can try.
How to record a WhatsApp call: step by step
If you have already decided to record your WhatsApp calls and you are an Android user, unless you have a phone with this function by default, you will have no choice but to install a third-party application that provides your smartphone with this function. Function.
If you are using an iPhone, starting with iOS 11, Apple introduced a feature similar to what the Az Screen Recorder app offers on Android. In this way, it is possible to use this feature to record your WhatsApp calls on your iPhone for free without using any third-party applications.
How to record WhatsApp voice calls on Android
Recording WhatsApp voice calls is easy for the Android operating system. With apps like Call Recorder: Record Whatsapp calls, you’ll be able to record your calls without major inconveniences. Of course, it may not be compatible with all phones and all Android versions, so it is always good to explore the Play Store for similar apps.
To find out if you can use the app, first go to their support page to find out if your phone is compatible with the app. If so, then you can follow these steps to record WhatsApp voice calls on your Android smartphone:
- Go to Google Play Store and search for Cube Call app.
- Download and install it on your Android smartphone.
- Open the app and then switch to WhatsApp.
- You will see a Cube Call widget in a WhatsApp voice call.
- If you can’t see it, open the Cube Call recorder settings and choose “Force VoIP call as voice call”.
- Call back and check if the widget appears or not. Your phone may not allow the app to work properly if it doesn’t work.
You can check the permissions of this app in the settings section of the phone, or you can long press the app and touch App info > Permissions.
How to record WhatsApp voice calls on iPhone
To record WhatsApp voice calls on iPhone, starting from iOS 11, the first thing you should do is verify that the function has been activated on the device by accessing:
Settings- Control Center- customize controls.
You will find the option Screen recording, which allows you to activate this function. Once this is done, you can start screen recording from the control center at any time.
If you can’t do it this way, here’s another option to record a WhatsApp call on iOS. There is a solution that requires a Mac and an iPhone. Next, we explain the procedure:
- Connect your iPhone to a Mac using the lightning cable. Select the “Trust this computer” option on the smartphone.
- Open the QuickTime app on the Mac device. Go to the File option and choose the New Audio Recording option.
- Choose the iPhone option and hit the record button in QuickTime.
- Now from the iPhone make a WhatsApp call to your phone. Press the add user icon once you are connected.
- Then call the person you want to record audio with and start your conversation.
- Once this is done, disconnect the call and stop the recording.
- Save the file on Mac and your WhatsApp voice call will be recorded.
Bonus: WhatsApp chat tips and tricks
How to record a WhatsApp call without third-party apps?
The truth is that, although not all smartphones have a call recording function, it is not necessary to install a third-party app. You have to know the process to enable it.
For example, the OnePlus Native Phone app has a call recording feature. You will find it in the Application Settings> Call recording section.
You can set it automatically if you don’t want to record each call manually. Also, you can choose the “Specify Record Page” option in the “Auto Record Range” section. You can select specific contacts or choose the “Unknown Callers” option.
To those who are wondering how to record WhatsApp calls on Samsung, we can tell you that these devices have the alternative of a native application from the company, Telephone. Open it on your Samsung Galaxy smartphone, tap on the three-dot button to open the Settings section, and then tap on “Record calls”. Now, activate “Automatically record calls”.
The Google Phone app
The Google Phone app from the Play Store is another option you have on hand to record WhatsApp calls for free.
- Open it and tap on the three-dot icon > Settings > Call recording.
- Under Always record, tap Selected numbers > turn on Always record selected numbers > tap Add in the top right corner.
- You can then choose a contact and tap “Always log”. You can always make changes according to your preferences.
To use this alternative, there are conditions that you must take into account:
- Your device must be running Android 9 or later to record phone calls.
- Google says that the user must be in a country or region that supports call recording.
Note: Before the call begins, Google says that the participants receive a notification that the call is recorded.
What should be considered before using a third-party application?
Once you are satisfied, install the app and make sure that you only allow access to the features that are required to run the app.
Subscribe to our latest newsletter
To read our exclusive content, sign up now. $5/month, $50/year