Listen to the Podcast:
This article is about how to disable YouTube clips. If you use YouTube frequently, you may have noticed that YouTube shorts are becoming more and more prominent on the site. This new style of video like TikTok or Instagram Reels is becoming more and more popular on YouTube which is not liked by all users. There is a quick and easy way to hide YouTube shorts from showing up on the video streaming site.
The “Shorts” section of YouTube was designed specifically for the continued popularity of short videos. Since YouTube clips can be viewed multiple times, the purpose of these videos is to convey a consistent message to the viewer. Please note that the aspect ratio of the video will be the same as on mobile devices held vertically.
Even though shorter videos are becoming more common in the video streaming industry, there are still millions of users who are not interested in watching them. This is especially true on sites like YouTube, where shorter videos coexist with longer, traditional videos that have a landscape orientation.
Disabling Youtube Shorts is an option for those who prefer the web version of the service and want to avoid being exposed to the content. On the other hand, the YouTube app for iOS and Android organizes all your short videos in a dedicated “Shorts” tab.
With that being said, we will show you how to disable YouTube Shorts on the web version of the platform in detail below:
How to disable YouTube shorts?
1. The first step is to download and install the “Enhancer for YouTube” browser plugin:
2. You need to go to YouTube after you have downloaded and installed the extension/plugin in your web browser.
3. Proceed to watch any video you want.
4. Now you need to click on the new gear icon shown at the bottom of the video.
5. This will open a new browser tab with a new web page.
6. On this website, you need to scroll down to find the following section: Appearance
7. You must check the option box under this section: Shorts must be concealed.
8. Now you can close the tab and go back to Youtube.com
9. Restart YouTube in your browser to see the clips disappear from your YouTube wall/feed.
Related Reading: How to Add Chapters to a YouTube Video?
While there’s no direct way to disable YouTube clips entirely, there are a few ways to reduce their visibility on your YouTube app. All viable options include using the “Not Interested” and “Do Not Recommend Channel” features, adjusting YouTube settings, and using a third-party YouTube client.
Keep in mind, however, that YouTube shorts are a popular feature that will almost certainly continue to be promoted on the platform. You can customize your YouTube experience based on your interests and enjoy more of the video you enjoy using these strategies.
Subscribe to our latest newsletter
To read our exclusive content, sign up now. $5/month, $50/year