Listen to the Podcast:
Are you looking to change Snapchat username without deleting your account? Have you had any problems changing it? Don’t worry! You can get the absolute solution to change your Snapchat username here.
We all change over time. And that phrase or expression that represented your personality a few years ago and that you chose as your username probably seems absurd today. Unlike other social networks, which limit how much or how often you can adjust your nickname, there are more flexible alternatives to changing your username for Snapchat.
While it’s impossible to change the nickname you first signed up with on Snapchat due to security concerns, the app lets you change the one everyone sees when you send snaps and post stories. The good news is that it is very easy to change. Also, most contacts don’t see the registration username, so changing the ‘snap’ alias is more effective.
How to change Snapchat username without deleting account?
If you’re determined to change your username and simply replacing the name you see isn’t enough, there’s only one way to go: delete your account and start over. Remember that your current username will be deleted forever if you go this route. No one, not even you, can use it anymore. On the other hand, you will have to add all your friends again and all your saved snaps will be gone.
Is there any solution? Yes, there is a solution that you could try. But it is not guaranteed. Let’s go to the solution procedure.
- First, you need to open the Snapchat app.
- Then click on your profile icon in the top left corner.
- Select “Settings” on your profile page.
- You need to scroll down from the settings to find the “Feedback” section. Select “I found an error”
- Then from the Error window, click on “Profile”.
- Here comes the important part. You must write a personalized message to the Snapchat team explaining why you need to change your username.
- Write a custom message and send it to the Snapchat team.
- You will be notified through your email.
- A custom message template is described in the video above.
How to change Reddit username?
How to change Kik username?
How to use Snapchat for business?
Instagram Stories vs. Snaps
Change Snapchat display name
To change your Snapchat display name to something more attractive-
- Open the app and tap on your profile icon.
- Then tap on your current name or nickname just below your Snapcode.
- A box will appear with the option to change: type your new name and press Save to end.
Difference Between Username and Display Name on Snapchat
The username and profile name differ; the first is the name you register when you open the account. Here is a table that summarizes the main differences between a username and a display name on Snapchat:
|Unique identifier to log in to Snapchat
|Name that appears in profile and chats
|Cannot be changed once created
|It can be changed as many times as you want.
|Must be unique for each Snapchat account
|Doesn’t have to be unique
|Used by friends to add you on Snapchat
|Seen by friends in contact lists
|Maximum of 15 characters
|Maximum of 50 characters
|Only letters, numbers and underscores
|May include letters, numbers, symbols
What happens when you change your display name?
Now that you’ve changed your nickname, your friends will see it when you send them a Snap, view your story, or when new followers search for you. No one will be notified of changes and there is no time limit on how often you can make changes, unlike other social media apps. So feel free to change your identity as many times as you want.
To read all of our social media related content, click here.
Subscribe to our latest newsletter
To read our exclusive content, sign up now. $5/month, $50/year