How did Melissa Elkas die? cause of death explored as CNN Graphics Operator dies after medical emergency

We are deeply saddened by the passing of Melissa Elkas, a veteran behind-the-camera staffer at CNN. She suffered a medical emergency at Warner Bros and was pronounced dead on Wednesday. Melissa’s departure leaves a void that will be deeply felt by all who had the privilege of working alongside her.

Who was Melissa Elkas?

Melissa had an impressive 25-year tenure at CNN, starting in an entry-level position in September 1997. Throughout her time at CNN, she not only became a colleague but also a cherished friend to many. Her tenacity, curiosity, and quick mastery of her work were well-known. Melissa’s passion for her craft and delightful sense of humor endeared her to all who knew her. Her dedication to accuracy and precision in news reporting was exemplary, making her an indispensable part of every team she joined. The CNN family will forever remember Melissa’s commitment to excellence. Melissa’s personality was a delightful blend of humor and uniqueness, which her friends and colleagues admired and cherished. She fearlessly infused joy into any situation and brightened the lives of those around her. During her journey at CNN, Melissa played an integral role in numerous shows and specials. She initially worked in Atlanta and later moved to New York. Melissa could often be spotted briskly walking the halls on the 19th floor in Hudson Yards, with a radiant smile adorning her face. At this time, Melissa Elkas’ obituary and funeral arrangements will be announced later by the family. Her warmth, kindness, and unwavering love for CNN and journalism will be dearly missed.

See also  Rodrigo Vidal actor, this has been his artistic career

Daniel Joseph Courtade rip

On June 23, there was an incident involving Perez and the police, which was prompted by a call reporting a woman cutting wires to a fire alarm system at her apartment complex. San Antonio Police Chief William McManus disclosed this information during a news conference that took place shortly after the shooting. Chief McManus noted that Perez seemed to be experiencing a mental health crisis during the encounter. After an initial interaction with the officers outside, Perez retreated into her apartment and locked the door. An officer attempted to open a window, and Perez responded by throwing a glass candleholder at him.


At one point, Perez swung a hammer at one of the officers, accidentally hitting the window and breaking it. In response, one officer opened fire, but Perez was not hit and could be heard speaking while being recorded on the officers’ body cameras. Later, Perez advanced toward the window again, still holding the hammer, and all three officers opened fire, resulting in her death at the scene. According to the arrest warrant, despite Perez approaching the officers with a hammer when they opened fire, she “did not pose an imminent threat of serious bodily injury or death when she was shot because the defendants had a wall, a window blocked by a television, and a locked door between them.” Following the incident, Officer Eleazar Alejandro (28), Sgt. Alfred Flores (45), and Officer Nathaniel Villalobos (27) were charged with murder less than 24 hours after the encounter. All three officers were suspended without pay as the investigation continues. They were released on $100,000 bond, according to records from Bexar County jail. At the time, none of the officers provided comments to CNN.

See also  Experimental pilot and his new fiancée among 4 killed when their kit-built electric plane crashes

Categories: Trending

Leave a Comment