Listen to the Podcast:
Editorialge has covered how new features in Apple’s iOS significantly affect the reconfigurability of the iPhone’s lock screen. Widgets, which can be added to the iPhone lock screen, allow you to view crucial information without unlocking the device. This article is about how to add widgets on the iPhone lock screen.
Until this point, the iPhone only allowed you to use Widgets on the home screen, but not on the lock screen. With this new feature, the iPhone is now just as customizable as Android devices, which previously allowed users to install Widgets directly on the lock screen.
Currently, the only Widgets that are supported on the iPhone lock screen are those offered by Apple’s built-in apps and services. Widgets that can be added to your iPhone’s lock screen are currently only available through Apple’s own apps, but this may change in the future.
A widget can cover the lock screen weather on an iPhone. Above the clock on your iPhone’s lock screen, you can use a variety of preconfigured Widgets to display information such as the time zone, the alarm you’ve set, the next event on your calendar, the weather, your activity circles, the next reminder and the action you have selected.
On the lock screen, you can also place Widgets below the digital clock. Batteries, Calendar, Clock, Fitness, Reminders, Stocks, and Time are some of the things you can put here. You can add up to four square widgets with symbols below the time, or you can add up to two rectangular widgets with more information, or you can combine two square widgets with one rectangular widget.
Related reading: How to activate the dark mode of Instagram on iPhone?
Depending on the size of the wedges, you can also add one or more in the same place until the width of the lock screen is filled.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to add widgets to your iPhone’s lock screen so you can view important information without having to unlock your phone or open an app:
How to add widgets on iPhone lock screen?
- Touch and hold the lock screen on your iPhone.
- This will open the Lock Screen Chooser where you can choose which lock screen you want to add widgets to and click Customize.
- There are three squares here: the clock, the date, and a box called “Add Widgets.”
- You can click on the Date or the third box to access the Widgets catalog, which is different for the top and bottom of the date.
- You can only choose one size widgets for the top. But you can choose different sizes for the space below the clock, so you can put more than one widget there to fill the width of the screen.
- After you choose the Widgets, they will appear on your iPhone’s lock screen, but you can still move them by dragging the Widget to where you want them to be.
- When you are happy with everything, click: OK
- Then touch Set as couple wallpaper or Personalize home screen.
- Everything will be saved and ready to use. Choose the background you just set for the lock screen and you’re done.
Now look at your lock screen to see the widgets you just set up and the information they provide.
How to remove widgets from iPhone lock screen?
- Long press the iPhone lock screen.
- When the carousel of wallpapers for the lock screen appears, choose the one you want and click “Customize”.
- This will open the screen where you can change the lock screen.
- Here, click on the icon next to the widget you want to remove from the lock screen.
- The steps to save the new iPhone lock screen settings are the same as above.
Subscribe to our latest newsletter
To read our exclusive content, sign up now. $5/month, $50/year