Listen to the Podcast:
Twitch is a well-known streaming platform among gamers around the world. With 15 million users interacting daily, Twitch is the largest live streaming gaming platform. Most of the players have Twitch accounts. However, changing the Twitch username on existing accounts can seem complicated. Therefore, many users often create a new account with a desired username. But did you know that you can easily change your Twitch username with a few simple steps? This article will show you how you can change your Twitch username.
How to change your Twitch name from desktop:
The Twitch website and desktop app have the same interface. So the steps are the same if you want to change your Twitch username or display name.
- Go to the Twitch website.
2. You need access to your Twitch account.
3. After logging in, click your profile icon (top right of screen)
4. A drop down menu will appear. Click Settings.
5. From Settings, click the profile tab. Go to the profile settings section.
6. in the Username field, click the pencil icon (must be right in your username field)
7. A popup window will appear. Enter your desired username and click the Update button.
8. You may be required to enter your Twitch account password. So save he.
To change your display name, follow 1-5 steps, click in the Display Name field, and then insert the desired name. So save the changes.
If you change your Twitch username, your profile URL will also change. So you need to tell people about your new profile URL and manually update all the links. You will also need a verified email address on your Twitch account to change your username.
How to change your Twitch name from mobile:
You need to follow these steps from the Twitch app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android phone to change your username or screen name:
- Open the twitch app from your Android or iOS device.
2. Sign in on your bill.
3. Click on your profile icon and go to account settings.
4. A configuration page will appear. Click on Account.
5. Then click Edit Profile eyelash. To change your username, click the Username field. To change your display name, click the Display name field.
6. The “Change usernameA message will appear if you change your username. To change the display name “Change display nameThe message will appear. Click on that and save the changes.
You can only change your Twitch name every 60 days. So consider carefully which username is right for you. Otherwise, you will have to wait about two months between attempts.
By following the above methods, you can change your Twitch username or display name in no time.
Related Twitch Article: Top 15 Ways to Fix Twitch Error
Some disadvantages of changing your Twitch username:
- If you are a Twitch partner, your earnings will not be affected, but ad earnings on the day of the name change may be delayed.
- Changing your username will not remove you from the channel, community timeouts, or bans.
- Your old username will be taken over and available to other users after about six months.
Read more: How to change your Reddit username in 2023
Subscribe to our latest newsletter
To read our exclusive content, sign up now. $5/month, $50/year