Pamela Chopra was a multi-faceted personality who made her mark in the Indian film and playback singing industry. She was the wife of iconic Bollywood film director, Yash Chopra, whom she married in 1970. She showcased her versatility as a singer, writer and producer, lending her notable talent to numerous films.
Throughout her career, she has sung many songs for her husband’s films, including 1976’s Kabhie Kabhie and Mujhse Dosti Karoge. since 2002. Her dedication to the industry and her work will be remembered long after her unfortunate passing on April 20, 2023.
Some facts about Pamela Chopra
- Pamela Chopra was born in 1948 in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Pamela has sung several film songs for her husband Yash Chopra’s films.
- She wrote the script for Dil To Pagal Hai with her husband, son and professional writer Tanuja Chandra in 1997.
- Pamela also appeared in the song “Ek Duje Ke Vaaste” from Dil To Pagal Hai with her husband.
- Many Bollywood celebrities expressed their deep grief upon hearing about the demise of Pamela Chopra on April 20, 2020. Many stars paid tribute to the late icon with heartfelt messages and words of gratitude.