Listen to the Podcast:
Twitch is a live streaming platform that allows users to watch various forms of entertainment, primarily gaming. Live esports competitions, music streams, IRL (In-Real-Life) broadcasts and many others are among the most popular. You can also interact as a viewer using chat rooms and making steam donations.
However, you cannot watch Twitch on your Xbox, PlayStation, or Android device unless you first activate your Twitch account. But the activation process varies from device to device. This article will show you the different methods to activate Twitch TV on Xbox. The guide will also provide the activation process for Twitch TV on PlayStation and Android devices by using www.twitch.tv/activate
Activate Twitch TV on Xbox
Activating Twitch TV on Xbox is quite easy. You need to follow the step by step process mentioned below.
- From your Xbox, go to the Microsoft Store. Search for the Twitch TV app and install it.
- Open the Twitch app after installing it and sign in to your account.
- After logging in, you must enter an activation code to activate. Enter the 6-digit code that appears in the Twitch app on your Xbox.
- Click Activate and start watching.
Related Reading: How to Change Your Twitch Username or Display Name?
Activate Twitch TV on PlayStation
Activating Twitch TV on PlayStation is very similar to the Xbox activation process. You will need to follow these steps to activate Twitch TV on PlayStation.
1. Open PlayStation and go to your PlayStation Store.
2. Search for the Twitch app and then install it.
3. Now open the Twitch app and sign in to your account.
4. You will find a six-digit code. This is the activation code. Please save it for later use.
5. You will need a different device now. From a different device, open your default browser and go to https://twitch.tv/activate.
6. Sign in to your Twitch account. You must enter the activation code to activate your Twitch account.
7. Enter the code and click Activate. Your Twitch account is now activated on PlayStation.
Twitch TV activation procedure on Android
Streaming different types of content on a tablet or smartphone is helpful. Twitch TV can be installed and activated if your phone can connect to a wireless network. You need to make sure that your device has enough internal memory.
You need to follow these steps to activate Twitch TV on Android.
- Go to the official Twitch TV website from your smartphone or tab.
2. Now sign in to create a new Twitch TV account.
3. Now, enter your login information. Use your preferred username, password, and phone number. You must use a valid mobile phone number as it will be required to activate your Twitch TV account.
4. In case of mobile phone number verification problems, you can use your email account instead. Click the Use Email Instead button and enter your email address.
5. You must enter the six-digit verification code you received on your phone number or email address.
6. Click Submit to verify the code and Done to confirm.
7. Your Twitch account should now be verified.
8. Now, download the Twitch TV app from the Google Play Store.
9. Your Twitch account is now verified. Sign in to your Twitch TV account. Now you can stream various content.
Twitch TV activation process on Amazon
You need to follow these steps to activate Twitch TV on Amazon.
- Turn on Amazon Fire TV and go to the home screen.
2. Select the search icon (magnifying glass) in the upper left corner of the screen.
3. Type “Twitch” using the onscreen keyboard and select the Twitch app from the search results.
4. Select “Get” or “Download” to install the Twitch app on Fire TV.
5. Return to the home screen and select the Twitch app once the installation is complete.
6. You are prompted to activate the Twitch app. Write down the activation code that appears on the screen.
7. Open a web browser on your computer or mobile phone and go to twitch.tv/activate.
8. Enter the activation code you wrote in step 6 and click “Activate”.
9. Sign in to your Twitch account (or create a new account if you don’t already have one).
10. Once the activation process is complete, you can use Twitch TV on your Amazon Fire TV and start watching your favorite streams.
Activate Twitch TV: Troubleshooting
If you’re having trouble activating Twitch TV, try these troubleshooting tips.
- First, make sure that you have followed the activation steps correctly. Also, please check that you have entered all the required information correctly, including your Twitch account login details.
- If problems persist, try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. This can often help resolve activation issues.
- If the issue persists, try signing out of Twitch and signing back in. Continue this process three times. Sometimes simply updating your login information can resolve activation issues.
If none of the steps above help, please contact Twitch Support for further assistance. They can provide additional guidance or resolve issues directly with you. You can find their support page by visiting the Twitch website and clicking the “Help” link at the bottom.
The services that the Twitch app provides are remarkable. After reading this tutorial on Twitch TV activation, you can easily do it. You will be able to see all your favorite programs and channels. You can also play your favorite online streaming games. So why wait until you can get this right now? And we hope we’ve answered all of your Twitch TV-related questions!
More Twitch Articles: 15 Best Ways to Fix Twitch Errors
Subscribe to our latest newsletter
To read our exclusive content, sign up now. $5/month, $50/year